Tuesday, March 21, 2017

WC Series 3 by Karen Day

Hello Ai Watercolor fans!
I'm combining a bit of old & new today.  Last fall I painted up several images using WC Series 3 Set #1 (Sku #4056) and WC Series 3 Set # 2(Sku #4057).  I had always thought of these as "harvest/fall" stamps... until I saw this watercolor tutorial by Kendra Krebs - and she used it as a spring/farmer's market theme.    Here is one of the images that I painted, that I made up into a springlike card, along with the brand new WC Sentiments Set (Sku #4903):
 I used some smooth watercolour paper along with my Tombow & Marvy markers, then softened the lines and pulled out the colour with a damp paintbrush.  I added a little bit of sky, and stamped the sentiment once everything was dry.  After matting, I used pop dots to mount it, and tied some Maya Road twine underneath.

The grass is from Foliage Set (Sku #4051).  You can find a wide range of Marvy Markers on the Art Impressions website here.  Happy painting!


3 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

So cute! Just got that stamp set! Excited to try it.

Cheri Burry said...

Awesome idea and sure expands the use of your stamps!

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Karen!!! Happiness does indeed grow when I'm looking at this card! You continuously amaze me!